Sunday, February 18, 2007

Owner Interested in Starting Coffee Shop

Jose Del Valle wrote to the Windsor Park listserv about his house at 6008 Cameron, on the west side of the street just north of Clayton. He wrote:

I'm in the process of reconfiguring my house at 6008 Cameron Road -- I'm exploring the idea of a coffee house or something that the neigborhood would really would like to see there. It's on the west side of Cameron (just north of Clayton Lane) it's the two story house with red brick in front. The property sits on 1/2 acre with lots of trees, so there is plenty of potential for a nice neighborhood hangout. I would be open to potential partnerships --- I'm much more interested in renting the structure then actually running /operating it myself.
I've invited Jose to give me a fuller account of what he's planning. Maybe we can arrange a full meeting or something, so that he knows what people in the neighborhood want/need and how they're willing to help. Last week a commenter suggested a cooperative model, which is interesting. A sort of Wheatsville of coffee. Anyone out there have any coop organizing experience?

No comments: